Date(s) - 30/08/2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Barbados Employers' Confederation
Entrepreneurs are usually consumed by operational demands, often missing the human element required in sustaining a business. During this workshop small business owners will gain the relevant knowledge to proactively deal with possible issues and adequately plan for the management of their human resources.
Specific emphasis will be placed on the basic principles needed for business efficiency; namely, the rights of employer and employees; eligibility for holiday; dismissal procedure for employees; and the parameters for lay-off, sick-leave or severance. Understanding such principles and, through efficient application, will assist the company in meeting its objectives.
Participants Will Learn
- To appreciate the importance of HR in entrepreneurship, even for solopreneurs.
- Applying HR tactics to their goals and strategy
- Legislation surrounding Human Resources / the employment relationship.
- Some of the HR functions required even of small businesses.
- Tips to navigate employee and employer rights, payroll, taxes, eligibility for holiday, among others.
Training methods may include
- Interactive Discussions
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Case Studies
- Group Exercises
- Additional content online
Who Should Attend
- Entrepreneurs, including solopreneurs
Bookings are closed for this event.