At the Barbados Employers’ Confederation, we know how important it is to have the best employees. That’s why our Talent Development is designed to engage organizations by creating high performance individuals through the enhancement of knowledge and skills. Our focus is to ensure that through our training we enable you to attain strategic and operational goals and objectives.
The best employees are those who are equipped with the tools to enable them to do their tasks, whether these tools be technological, physical or knowledge based. Constant improvement in your skills and knowledge or that of your employees, is vital to the longevity and success of any business.
Therefore, we offer an array of training initiatives. These training initiatives are provided either through open enrollment or they can be conducted in-house, specially tailored to satisfy your needs.
Talent Development is defined as a set of integrated organizational HR processes designed to attract, develop, motivate, and retain productive, engaged employees. Therefore, every year, based on market research our training plan is developed to meet the needs of those organizations who require a strong competent workforce that can produce work more effectively and efficiently. This training is offered for members and non-members.
One of the main tenets on which the Barbados Employers’ Confederation is built, is that in order to gain the best from your employees, you must ensure that they are equipped with the tools to enable them to do their tasks, whether these tools be technological, physical or knowledge based. Constant improvement in your skills and knowledge or that of your employees, is vital to the longevity and success of any business. As a result of this belief in the power and benefits of training, the BEC offers an array of training initiatives.
These training initiatives are staged either through open enrollment or they can be customized and conducted in house in order to suit your needs. Each year, a training programme is released in December, showing our offerings for the coming year. While this schedule will show the programmes open to the general public, note that ALL programmes can be conducted at your organization. Please contact us to discuss your training needs.
The Barbados Employers’ Confederation’s flagship programmes are:
- Understanding Employee Deductions
- Labour Law vs. Custom and Practice
- Safety First: First Aid and Fire Safety
- Leave Calculations vs. Final Payments
- Understanding the Shops Act
However, we also offer training in the following areas:
- Mastering Change
- Understanding Business Taxes
- Review of Employment Rights Tribunal Cases
- Managing Complex Employee Leave
- Contracts of Employment – Understanding the Process
- Wrongful and Constructive Dismissal Explained
We are available to discuss your training needs, and to custom design training packages just for you. The methods of training are varied, and are determined by the specific needs of our clients.
In order to ensure that you can capitalize on these training opportunities, BEC has forged alliances with institutions that provide funding for organizations interested in developing their human capital.
Give us a call so that together we can make your organization more competitive!
Customized In-House Training
BEC conducts bespoke in-house training aimed to meet your organisation’s specific needs. Some of our flagship programmes are:
- Calculating Leave and Severance Payments
- Making Cents of Pension
- Understanding Employee Deductions
- Effective Communication
- Handling Sexual Harassment Claims
- Keys to Exceptional Customer Service
- Stepping into Supervision & Management
- Collective Bargaining
- Sexual Harassment Prevention in the Workplace
- Labour Law vs. Custom & Practice
- Understanding Different Types of Contracts
- First-Aid Training
- Fire Safety Training
Vocational Qualifications (C/NVQ's)
National/Caribbean Vocational Qualifications (N/CVQs) are work-related, competence-based certifications which employees (fulltime or part-time) and self-employed persons can gain after their performance of a work role has been successfully assessed against Occupational Standards by trained and certified Assessors.
What are the Benefits of Acquiring a N/CVQ?
Employees and other individuals gain:
- cross-regional recognition of their knowledge and skills
- increased job satisfaction
- improved progress up the career ladder
- flexible route to getting qualified
- improved employability and transferability
- improved employee performance/skills
- increased productivity
- improved quality of products and services
- improved employee motivation
- more cost-effective training
- better guarantee of job candidate’s capability/capabilities
Our economy benefits through:
- labour mobility and transferability of skills within CARICOM
- enhanced workforce competitiveness
- the drive for common standards similar to the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- competence being made explicit and the provision of a clear basis for international comparison
- information needs of employers about workforce competence being met