Date(s) - 28/07/2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Barbados Employers' Confederation
This workshop is designed to empower the management team to train staff members on the importance of working safely and in compliance with the SHaW Act. Exposure to the contents of the Act along with industry best practice and practical exposure will empower them to more effectively lead while ensuring they have the information to effectively promote and maintain health and safety in the workplace.
This Program examines the requirements for risk assessments of which hazard spotting is the first and most important step. The Safety and Health at Work Act (SHAW 2005-12) in Sec 6 (2) states “No occupier shall carry on any work or put into use any equipment, material, article or substance in a workplace unless a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks likely to arise in the circumstances and of the steps to be taken to eliminate or minimise such risks to safety or health has been undertaken”.
Participants Will Learn
- Differentiate between a hazard and a risk
- List the different categories of hazards
- Understand and follow the vital steps of risk management
- Conduct effective workplace risk assessments
- Implement adequate control measures using the hierarchy of controls
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessments
Training Methods May Include
- Case studies
- Virtual Tours
- Group Exercises
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Interactive Discussion
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Managers
- Members of Joint Health & Safety Committees
- Safety Representatives
- Team Members
Bookings are closed for this event.