Date(s) - 09/11/2020 - 11/11/2020
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Being a supervisor or manager, especially when making that transition from among the ranks, can be a challenging experience. You are required to achieve results by using company resources effectively the most important resource being the employees of your company.
The Stepping into Supervision and Management Course is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills needed to handle the daily demands of your role.The Course is developed to keep participants abreast of various aspects of labour and employment relations and attracts participants from all the business sectors in Barbados.
Topics to Be Covered
1. Understanding and Interpreting Labour Legislations
2. Conflict Management and Managing Different Personality Types
3. Fundamentals of Occupational Safety & Health at Work
4. Maintaining Positive Discipline & Morale
5. Managing Age Diversity
Participants Will Learn
- Identify the characteristics of an effective supervisor
- List the main responsibilities of a supervisor
- Define diversity
- Analyze the impact of diversity on the workplace
- Define industrial relations
- Discuss the elements of good industrial relations practice
- Define what is meant by Occupational Health and safety
- Promote Occupational health and safety best practice within the workplace
- Identify different types of conflict
- Develop strategies for resolving conflicts
Case Studies • Group Exercises • Interactive Discussions • PowerPoint Presentations
Who Should Attend
Persons in a middle management or supervisory position and those poised to undertake this role.
Bookings are closed for this event.